The star-rated chef Angelo Sabatelli, which is patron of a restaurant in Putignano that brings his name, has published one of his recipes for a first spring course on the “Guida ai sapori e ai piaceri della Puglia-edizione 2018”, with season vegetables, shrimps and an outstanding match. His advice? Bring a bottle of Chakra Rosato wine by Giovanni Aiello to the table! A perfect combination, a wine that fits perfectly with the beautiful season.
The result is surprising. We assure that!
Troccoli with chamomile, shrimps, green peas and mint
Ingredients for 4 people
FOR THE PASTA:
- 100 grams of ”00” flour ,
- 100 grams of re-grinded semolina + extra,
- 5 grams of powdered chamomile,
- 8 egg yolks,
- 4 grams of salt,
- 4 grams of extra virgin oil.
FOR THE PEAS PESTO:
- 175 grams of peas (cleaned up and chopped),
- 50 grams of boiled mineral water,
- 26 grams of shred Canestrato,
- 2 grams of garlic,
- 50 grams of extra virgin olive oil,
- 6 medium mint leaves + smaller leaves,
- 12 shrimps (500 gr),
- shelled and cut into squares,
- 1 poached garlic,
- 80 grams of extra virgin oil,
- 20/30 small mint leaves,
- 100 grams of peas peeled and parboiled,
Wine suggestion: Rosato Chakra Giovanni Aiello
“It’s a dish created in occasion of the spring period. Now in the land you can find fresh chamomile, peas and broad beans, hence the idea of creating a dish which encloses spring into a bite.”
- Prepare the egg pasta with the abovementioned ingredients, roll it into the wrap and make it rest in the fridge for an hour.
- Stretch the phyllo dough up to 3-4 mm thickness and 30 cm long, dust it with semolina and let it dry for ten minutes, then cut it into squared spaghetti ( troccoli ), dust once again with semolina and store it.
- Whisk the frozen peas with the boiling water, add the other ingredients, adjust the amount of salt and then, if necessary, filter with the strainer.
- In a pan brown the garlic in extra virgin oil, add the shrimps and cook over high heat for few seconds, turn off the heat and add the shelled peas, remove the garlic and adjust the amount of salt.
- Cook troccoli with abundant salted water, drain and flavor them with the shrimps sauté.
- Distribute the peas pesto through the serving plates, place a ball of troccoli with shrimps on it, end up by adding the mint leaves and then serve.